Best for Babes

Saturday, August 21, 2010

My 3-Year Old Nursling

I never in a million years (or at least my 32 years) thought I would nurse my daughter for 3 years....okay, almost 3 and a half.  But, here we are.  I was committed to child-led-weaning, but now I would opt for GENTLE mother-encouraged weaning.  Obviously, I'm not forcing the issue, or I wouldn't be nursing at all.

Well, lately I've had less and less milk.  It has been really hard on A.  She struggles at night.  She doesn't know how to go to sleep without milk (a whole different story).  Our nighttime routines have been challenging at best.  Fortunately, I have still been able to successfully nurse all of her stuffed animals.  They don't seem to mind. :)

Today, we were mattress shopping.  Yea, if you know what I'm going to say, well, let's just say I had no idea it was going to happen!  I laid down.  She laid down.  Then, right there in the middle of the store, my lovely daughter pulled my shirt up and said "MILKIES!"  Okay, well, now I was embarrassed.  The entire furniture store saw my fat belly and hopefully not my giant milkies! I don't think they heard her say 'milkies', but who cares about that.  This coninued....every time we laid down..."MILKIES!"  But, I knew better and held my shirt down on each new mattress.

Geez, talk about associations!

No comments: